Krishnendu Chakrabarty received the B. Tech. degree from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, in 1990, and the M.S.E. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, in 1992 and 1995, respectively. He is now Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Duke University. He is also a member of the Chair Professor Group (honorary position) in Software Theory at the School of Software, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
Prof. Chakrabarty is a recipient of the National Science Foundation Early Faculty (CAREER) award, the Office of Naval Research Young Investigator award, the Humboldt Research Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany, and several best papers awards at IEEE conferences. His current research projects include: testing and design-for-testability of integrated circuits; digital microfluidics and biochips, circuits and systems based on DNA self-assembly, and wireless sensor networks.
Prof. Chakrabarty is a Fellow of IEEE, a Golden Core Member of the IEEE Computer Society, and a Distinguished Engineer of ACM. He was a 2009 Invitational Fellow of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS). He is a recipient of the 2008 Duke University Graduate School Dean’s Award for excellence in mentoring, and the 2010 Capers and Marion McDonald Award for Excellence in Mentoring and Advising, Pratt School of Engineering, Duke University. He served as a Distinguished Visitor of the IEEE Computer Society during 2005-2007, and as a Distinguished Lecturer of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society during 2006-2007. Currently he serves as an ACM Distinguished Speaker, as well as a Distinguished Visitor of the IEEE Computer Society for 2010-2012. He is the Editor-in-Chief for IEEE Design & Test of Computers and for ACM Journal on Emerging Technologies in Computing Systems. Prof. Chakrabarty is also an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, and IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems. He serves as an Editor of the Journal of Electronic Testing: Theory and Applications (JETTA).
- Office Location: 2513 CIEMAS
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5244
- Email Address:
- Web Page:
|PhD||University of Michigan||1995|
|MSE||University of Michigan||1992|
|B. Tech.||Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India||1990|
Nanoscale/microscale computing systems
Self-assembled computer architecture
Micro-electronic mechanical machines
Integrated Nanoscale Systems
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- 2008 Dean's Award for Mentoring, Duke University, Graduate School, 2008
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Computer Design, 2005
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Design Automation and Test in Europe Conference, 2001
- Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, 2006-2007
- Distinguished Visitor, IEEE Computer Society, 2005-2007
- Fellow, IEEE, 2008
- Member, Sigma Xi
- NSF Early CAREER Award, National Science Foundation, 1999
- ONR Young Investigator Award, Office of Naval Research, 2001
- Senior Member, American Chemical Society
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Z. L. Wang and K. Chakrabarty and S. M. Wang, Integrated LFSR Reseeding, Test-Access Optimization, and Test Scheduling for Core-Based System-on-Chip, Ieee Transactions On Computer-aided Design Of Integrated Circuits And Systems, vol 28 no. 8 (2009), pp. 1251 -- 1264 [abs].
- Y. Zhao and K. Chakrabarty, On-Line Testing of Lab-on-Chip Using Reconfigurable Digital-Microfluidic Compactors, International Journal Of Parallel Programming, vol 37 no. 4 (2009), pp. 370 -- 388 [abs].
- S. Bahukudumbi and S. Ozev and K. Chakrabarty and V. Iyengar, Wafer-Level Defect Screening for "Big-D/Small-A" Mixed-Signal SoCs, Ieee Transactions On Very Large Scale Integration (vlsi) Systems, vol 17 no. 4 (2009), pp. 587 -- 592 [abs].
- S. K. Goel and E. J. Marinissen and A. Sehgal and K. Chakrabarty, Testing of SoCs with Hierarchical Cores: Common Fallacies, Test Access Optimization, and Test Scheduling, Ieee Transactions On Computers, vol 58 no. 3 (2009), pp. 409 -- 423 [abs].
- Z. L. Wang and H. X. Fang and K. Chakrabarty and M. Bienek, Deviation-Based LFSR Reseeding for Test-Data Compression, Ieee Transactions On Computer-aided Design Of Integrated Circuits And Systems, vol 28 no. 2 (2009), pp. 259 -- 271 [abs].