William H. Younger Professor of Engineering in the Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School of Engineering
Krishnendu Chakrabarty received the B. Tech. degree from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, in 1990, and the M.S.E. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, in 1992 and 1995, respectively. He is now the William H. Younger Distinguished Professor of Engineering in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Professor of Computer Science at Duke University. He is also a Chair Professor in Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, and a Visiting Chair Professor in the National Cheng Kung University in Tainan, Taiwan.
Please note this web page is not updated regularly. For up to date information, please go to: http://people.ee.duke.edu/~krish/.
Prof. Chakrabarty is a recipient of the National Science Foundation Early Faculty (CAREER) award, the Office of Naval Research Young Investigator award, the Humboldt Research Award from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany, and ten best papers awards at leading IEEE conferences. His current research projects include: testing and design-for-testability of integrated circuits and systems; digital microfluidics, biochips, and cyberphysical systems; resilient computing systems; enterprise system optimization.
Prof. Chakrabarty is a Fellow of ACM, a Fellow of IEEE, and a Golden Core Member of the IEEE Computer Society. He was a 2009 Invitational Fellow of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS). He is a recipient of the 2008 Duke University Graduate School Dean’s Award for excellence in mentoring, and the 2010 Capers and Marion McDonald Award for Excellence in Mentoring and Advising, Pratt School of Engineering, Duke University. He served as a Distinguished Visitor of the IEEE Computer Society during 2005-2007 and 2010-2012, and as a Distinguished Lecturer of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society during 2006-2007 and 2012-2013. Currently he serves as an ACM Distinguished Speaker. He served as the Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Design & Test of Computers during 2010-2012 and currently he is Editor-in-Chief of ACM Journal on Emerging Technologies in Computing Systems. Prof. Chakrabarty is also an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Computers and IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems. In the past, he served as Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, and IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II. He serves as an Editor of the Journal of Electronic Testing: Theory and Applications (JETTA) and a steering committee member for IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems.
Appointments and Affiliations
- William H. Younger Professor of Engineering in the Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School of Engineering
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor in the Department of Computer Science
- Director of Graduate Studies
- Office Location: 2513 Ciemas, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5244
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1995
- M.S. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1992
Nanoscale/microscale computing systems
Self-assembled computer architecture
Micro-electronic mechanical machines
Integrated Nanoscale Systems
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Fellow, ACM, 2013
- Humboldt Research Award, 2013
- 2008 Dean's Award for Mentoring, Duke University, Graduate School, 2008
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Computer Design, 2005
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Design Automation and Test in Europe Conference, 2001
- Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, 2006-2007, 2011-2013
- Distinguished Visitor, IEEE Computer Society, 2005-2007, 2010-2012
- Fellow, IEEE, 2008
- Member, Sigma Xi
- NSF Early CAREER Award, National Science Foundation, 1999
- ONR Young Investigator Award, Office of Naval Research, 2001
- Senior Member, American Chemical Society
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- ECE 392: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 538: VLSI System Testing
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- , Test-Delivery Optimization in Manycore SOCs, IEEE Transactions on Computer - Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol 33 no. 7 (2014), pp. 1067-1080 [10.1109/TCAD.2014.2311394] [abs].
- Luo, Y; Chakrabarty, K; Ho, T-Y, Biochemistry Synthesis on a Cyberphysical Digital Microfluidics Platform Under Completion-Time Uncertainties in Fluidic Operations, IEEE Transactions on Computer - Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol 33 no. 6 (2014), pp. 903-916 [10.1109/TCAD.2014.2303948] [abs].
- Deutsch, S; Chakrabarty, K, Contactless Pre-Bond TSV Test and Diagnosis Using Ring Oscillators and Multiple Voltage Levels, IEEE Transactions on Computer - Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol 33 no. 5 (2014), pp. 774-785 [10.1109/TCAD.2014.2298198] [abs].
- Noia, B; Chakrabarty, K, Retiming for Delay Recovery After DfT Insertion on Interdie Paths in 3-D ICs, IEEE Transactions on Computer - Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol 33 no. 3 (2014), pp. 464-475 [10.1109/TCAD.2013.2289857] [abs].
- , Optimization of Test Pin-Count, Test Scheduling, and Test Access for NoC-Based Multicore SoCs, IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol 63 no. 3 (2014), pp. 691-702 [10.1109/TC.2013.82] [abs].