Adjunct Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Dr. Jeff Derby received his Ph.D. in electrical engineering from Columbia University in 1975. He joined IBM in Research Triangle Park, NC, in 1982 after spending seven years with Bell Laboratories in Whippany, NJ. He is currently a Senior Technical Staff Member in the PowerPC Technology Development area in the IBM Microelectronics Division. His work is focused on analog and digital signal processing subsystems with application to telecommunications. He is listed as an inventor or co-inventor on 22 US patents. Dr. Derby has been an adjunct faculty member at Duke since 1984.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Adjunct Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: 108B Engineering Bldg, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-3231
- Email Address: email@example.com
- ECE 494: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 559: Advanced Digital System Design
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Derby, J.H. and Montoye, R.K. and Moreira, J., VICTORIA - VMX indirect compute technology oriented towards in-line acceleration, CF 06 Computing Frontiers Conference 2006 (2006), pp. 9 pp. - [abs].
- Derby, J.H. and Moreno, J.H., A high-performance embedded DSP core with novel SIMD features, 2003 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (Cat. No.03CH37404), vol vol.2 (2003), pp. 301 - 4 [ICASSP.2003.1202354] [abs].
- Moreno, J.H. and Zyuban, V. and Shvadron, U. and Neeser, F.D. and Derby, J.H. and Ware, M.S. and Kailas, K. and Zaks, A. and Geva, A. and Ben-David, S. and Asaad, S.W. and Fox, T.W. and Littrell, D. and Biberstein, M. and Naishlos, D. and Hunter, H., An innovative low-power high-performance programmable signal processor for digital communications, IBM J. Res. Dev. (USA), vol 47 no. 2-3 (2003), pp. 299 - 326 [abs].
- Derby, J.H., High-speed CRC computation using state-space transformations, GLOBECOM'01. IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (Cat. No.01CH37270), vol vol.1 (2001), pp. 166 - 70 [GLOCOM.2001.965100] [abs].
- Derby, J.H., Comments on “On the design of pole-zero approximations using a logarithmic error measure”, IEEE Trans. Signal Process. (USA), vol 44 no. 7 (1996), pp. 1811 - 13 [78.510627] [abs].