John A. Board
John Board is an Associate Professor of ECE and of Computer Science. He received his D.Phil in 1986 from Oxford University. His research interests include: High performance scientific computing and simulation, novel computer architectures, cluster computing and parallel processing; ubiquitous computing.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Bass Fellow
- Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Office Location: 209D Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5272
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Web Pages:
- Ph.D. University of Oxford, 1986
- M.S. Duke University, 1982
- B.S.E. Duke University, 1981
High Performance Computing
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Distinguished Teaching Award, Duke University School of Engineering, 1993
- Distinguished Young Alumnus, Duke University, 1990
- Klein Family Distinguished Teaching Award, Duke University, Pratt School of Engineering, 2006
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- Member, Tau Beta Pi
- Member, Eta Kappa Nu
- Rhodes Scholar, The Rhodes Trust
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- ECE 459: Introduction to Embedded Systems
- ECE 493: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 496: Special Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- EGR 491: Projects in Engineering
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Ybarra, GA; Collins, LM; Huettel, LG; Coonley, KD; Massoud, HZ; Board, JA; Cummer, SA; Choudhury, RR; Gustafson, MR; Jokerst, NM; Brooke, MA; Willett, RM; Kim, J; Absher, MS, Integrated sensing and information processing theme-based redesign of the undergraduate electrical and computer engineering curriculum at Duke University, Advances in Engineering Education, vol 2 no. 4 (2010) [abs].
- Ybarra, GA; Collins, LM; Huettel, LG; Massoud, HZ; Board, JA; Brooke, M; Jokerst, NM; Choudhury, RR; Gustafson, MR; Willett, RM; Coonley, K, Integrating sensing and information processing in an electrical and computer engineering undergraduate curriculum, Proceedings - Frontiers in Education Conference, FIE (2009) [10.1109/FIE.2009.5350770] [abs].
- Brown, A; Ybarra, G; Massoud, H; Board, J; Holmes, J; Coonley, K; Collins, L; Huettel, L; Gustafson, M; Cummer, S, Redesign of the core curriculum at Duke University, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings (2006) [abs].
- Banerjee, S; Board, JA, Efficient charge assignment and back interpolation in multigrid methods for molecular dynamics., Journal of Computational Chemistry, vol 26 no. 9 (2005), pp. 957-967 [10.1002/jcc.20220] [abs].
- Collins, LM; Huettel, LG; Brown, AS; Ybarra, GA; Holmes, JS; Board, JA; Cummer, SA; Gustafson, MR; Kim, J; Massoud, HZ, Theme-based redesign of the duke university ECE curriculum: The first steps, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings (2005), pp. 14313-14326 [abs].