Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Sc.D. Israel Institute Of Technology, 1993
Image and video processing, computer vision, computer graphics, computational vision, biomedical imaging, brain imaging, cryo-tomography of viruses, computational tools in cryo-tomography, computational tools in early diagnosis of psychiatric disorders, differential geometry and differential equations, scientific computation, learning and high dimensional data analysis, sparse modeling and dictionary learning, applied mathematics.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Test-of-Time Award, International Conference Computer Vision, “Geodesic Active Contours” ICCV '95 paper, 2011
- Plenary Speaker, The Learning Workshop, Snowbird, May, 2010
- Plenary Speaker, SIAM Image Science Conference, Chicago, April, 2010
- National Security Science and Engineering Faculty Fellowship, 2010
- First Abel Science Lecture, Oslo, Norway, May, 2009
- Founding Editor-in-Chief, SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences (currently ranked second impact factor in Applied Mathematics)., 2007
- Plenary Speaker, Curves and Surfaces, Norway, June, 2006
- Vice-President/President of the Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics Imaging Sciences Activity Group, 2003-2005
- National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career Development Program Award, 1999
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award., 1998
- Presidential Early Career Awards for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), 1998
- ECE 392: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 495: Special Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Sotiropoulos, SN; Jbabdi, S; Xu, J; Andersson, JL; Moeller, S; Auerbach, EJ; Glasser, MF; Hernandez, M; Sapiro, G; Jenkinson, M; Feinberg, DA; Yacoub, E; Lenglet, C; Van Essen, DC; Ugurbil, K; Behrens, TE; WU-Minn HCP Consortium, , Advances in diffusion MRI acquisition and processing in the Human Connectome Project., Neuroimage, vol 80 (2013), pp. 125-143 [10.1016/j.neuroimage.2013.05.057] [abs].
- Uğurbil, K; Xu, J; Auerbach, EJ; Moeller, S; Vu, AT; Duarte-Carvajalino, JM; Lenglet, C; Wu, X; Schmitter, S; Van de Moortele, PF; Strupp, J; Sapiro, G; De Martino, F; Wang, D; Harel, N; Garwood, M; Chen, L; Feinberg, DA; Smith, SM; Miller, KL; Sotiropoulos, SN; Jbabdi, S; Andersson, JL; Behrens, TE; Glasser, MF; Van Essen, DC; Yacoub, E; WU-Minn HCP Consortium, , Pushing spatial and temporal resolution for functional and diffusion MRI in the Human Connectome Project., Neuroimage, vol 80 (2013), pp. 80-104 [10.1016/j.neuroimage.2013.05.012] [abs].
- Caruyer, E; Lenglet, C; Sapiro, G; Deriche, R, Design of multishell sampling schemes with uniform coverage in diffusion MRI., Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol 69 no. 6 (2013), pp. 1534-1540 [10.1002/mrm.24736] [abs].
- Su, S; White, T; Schmidt, M; Kao, CY; Sapiro, G, Geometric computation of human gyrification indexes from magnetic resonance images., Human Brain Mapping, vol 34 no. 5 (2013), pp. 1230-1244 [10.1002/hbm.21510] [abs].
- Harris, AK; Meyerson, JR; Matsuoka, Y; Kuybeda, O; Moran, A; Bliss, D; Das, SR; Yewdell, JW; Sapiro, G; Subbarao, K; Subramaniam, S, Structure and accessibility of HA trimers on intact 2009 H1N1 pandemic influenza virus to stem region-specific neutralizing antibodies., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of USA, vol 110 no. 12 (2013), pp. 4592-4597 [10.1073/pnas.1214913110] [abs].