Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sc.D. Israel Institute of Technology, 1993
Image and video processing, computer vision, computer graphics, computational vision, biomedical imaging, brain imaging, cryo-tomography of viruses, computational tools in cryo-tomography, computational tools in early diagnosis of psychiatric disorders, differential geometry and differential equations, scientific computation, learning and high dimensional data analysis, sparse modeling and dictionary learning, applied mathematics.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Test-of-Time Award, International Conference Computer Vision, “Geodesic Active Contours” ICCV '95 paper, 2011
- Plenary Speaker, The Learning Workshop, Snowbird, May, 2010
- Plenary Speaker, SIAM Image Science Conference, Chicago, April, 2010
- National Security Science and Engineering Faculty Fellowship, 2010
- First Abel Science Lecture, Oslo, Norway, May, 2009
- Founding Editor-in-Chief, SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences (currently ranked second impact factor in Applied Mathematics)., 2007
- Plenary Speaker, Curves and Surfaces, Norway, June, 2006
- Vice-President/President of the Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics Imaging Sciences Activity Group, 2003-2005
- National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career Development Program Award, 1999
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award., 1998
- Presidential Early Career Awards for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), 1998
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
- ECE 392: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 495: Special Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Bronstein, Alexander M. and Bronstein, Michael M. and Kimmel, Ron and Mahmoudi, Mona and Sapiro, Guillermo, A Gromov-Hausdorff Framework with Diffusion Geometry for Topologically-Robust Non-rigid Shape Matching, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTER VISION, vol 89 no. 2-3 (2010), pp. 266--286 [doi] [abs].
- Mairal, Julien and Sapiro, Guillermo and Elad, Michael, Learning multiscale sparse representations for image and video restoration, MULTISCALE MODELING \& SIMULATION, vol 7 no. 1 (2008), pp. 214--241 [doi] [abs].
- Memoli, F. and Sapiro, G., A theoretical and computational framework for isometry invariant recognition of point cloud data, FOUNDATIONS OF COMPUTATIONAL MATHEMATICS, vol 5 no. 3 (2005), pp. 313--347 [doi] [abs].
- Weinberger, M. J. and Seroussi, G. and Sapiro, G., The LOCO-I lossless image compression algorithm: Principles and standardization into JPEG-LS, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON IMAGE PROCESSING, vol 9 no. 8 (2000), pp. 1309--1324 [doi] [abs].
- Caselles, V. and Kimmel, R. and Sapiro, G., Geodesic active contours, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTER VISION, vol 22 no. 1 (1997), pp. 61--79 [doi] [abs].