James B. Duke Professor of Mathematics
Appointments and Affiliations
- James B. Duke Professor of Mathematics
- Professor in the Department of Mathematics
- Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium), 1980
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- American Academy of Arts & Sciences Fellow, 1993
- Basic Research Award, German Eduard Rhein Foundation, 2000
- BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Award, BBVA Foundation Frontiers, 2012
- Benjamin Franklin Medal in Electrical Engineering, Franklin Institute, 2011
- Elected Member, National Academy of Sciences, 1998
- Emily Noether Lecturer, Association for Women in Mathematics, 2006
- Fellow, MacArthur Foundation, 1997
- Fellow, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 1998
- Fellow, American Mathematical Society, 2012
- Golden Jubilee Award for Technological Innovation, IEEE Information Theory Society, 1998
- Guggenheim Fellow, 2010
- Jack S.Kilby Signal Processing Medal, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 2011
- Leroy P. Steele Prize for Seminal Contribution to Research, American Mathematical Society, 2011
- Louis Empain Prize for Physics, 1984
- National Academy of Sciences Award in Mathematics, National Academy of Sciences, 2000
- Nemmers Prize in Mathematics, Northwestern University, 2012
- Pioneer Prize, International Council for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 2006
- Ruth Little Satter Prize in Mathematics, American Mathematical Society, 1997
- Steele Prize for Mathematical Exposition, American Mathematical Society, 1994
- MATH 181: Math Everywhere: Mathematical Concepts and Reasoning in our Modern World
- MATH 212: Multivariable Calculus
- MATH 690-32: Topics in Analysis
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Wu, HT; Hseu, SS; Bien, MY; Kou, YR; Daubechies, I, Evaluating physiological dynamics via synchrosqueezing: prediction of ventilator weaning., IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol 61 no. 3 (2014), pp. 736-744 [10.1109/tbme.2013.2288497] [abs].
- Cornelis, B; Yang, Y; Vogelstein, JT; Dooms, A; Daubechies, I; Dunson, D, Bayesian crack detection in ultra high resolution multimodal images of paintings (2013) [abs].
- Wu, T; Polatkan, G; Steel, D; Brown, W; Daubechies, I; Calderbank, R, Painting analysis using wavelets and probabilistic topic models, 2013 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, ICIP 2013 - Proceedings (2013), pp. 3264-3268 [10.1109/ICIP.2013.6738672] [abs].
- Anitha, A; Brasoveanu, A; Duarte, M; Hughes, S; Daubechies, I; Dik, J; Janssens, K; Alfeld, M, Restoration of X-ray fluorescence images of hidden paintings, Signal Processing, vol 93 no. 3 (2013), pp. 592-604 [10.1016/j.sigpro.2012.09.027] [abs].
- Cornelis, B; Ružić, T; Gezels, E; Dooms, A; Pižurica, A; Platiša, L; Cornelis, J; Martens, M; Mey, MD; Daubechies, I, Crack detection and inpainting for virtual restoration of paintings: The case of the Ghent Altarpiece, Signal Processing, vol 93 no. 3 (2013), pp. 605-619 [10.1016/j.sigpro.2012.07.022] [abs].