Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Miroslav Pajic's research focuses on design and analysis of cyber-physical systems and in particular, embedded and distributed/networked control, real-time and embedded systems, and high-confidence medical device systems.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. University of Pennsylvania, 2012
Miroslav Pajic’s research focuses on the design and analysis of cyber-physical systems. In particular, his research explores real-time and embedded systems, distributed/networked control systems, and high-confidence medical device systems. Because his research is frequently motivated by problems that occur during implementation and system integration, all of his projects involve system building and thorough experimental evaluation.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Best Paper Award, ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS), April, 2014
- Joseph and Rosaline Wolf Best Dissertation Award, School and Engineering and Applied Science, University of Pennsylvania, May, 2013
- Best Student Paper Award, IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS), April, 2012
- ACM SIGBED/SIGSOFT Frank Anger Memorial Award, ACM Special Interest Group on Embedded Systems (SIGBED), February, 2012
- Honeywell User Group Wireless Innovation Award, Honeywell Process Solutions, June, 2011
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Pajic, M; Jiang, Z; Lee, I; Sokolsky, O; Mangharam, R, Safety-critical medical device development using the UPP2SF model translation tool, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, vol 13 no. 4s (2014), pp. 1-26 [10.1145/2584651] [abs].
- Gatsis, K; Pajic, M; Ribeiro, A; Pappas, GJ, Opportunistic scheduling of control tasks over shared wireless channels, Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS), 2014 ACM/IEEE International Conference on (2014), pp. 48-59 [10.1109/ICCPS.2014.6843710] [abs].
- Jiang, Z; Pajic, M; Alur, R; Mangharam, R, Closed-loop verification of medical devices with model abstraction and refinement, International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer, vol 16 no. 2 (2014), pp. 191-213 [10.1007/s10009-013-0289-7] [abs].
- Pajic, M; Weimer, J; Bezzo, N; Tabuada, P; Sokolsky, O; Lee, I; Pappas, GJ, Robustness of attack-resilient state estimators, Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS), 2014 ACM/IEEE International Conference on (2014), pp. 163-174 [10.1109/ICCPS.2014.6843720] [abs].
- Pajic, M; Mangharam, R; Sokolsky, O; Arney, D; Goldman, J; Lee, I, Model-Driven Safety Analysis of Closed-Loop Medical Systems, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol 10 no. 1 (2014), pp. 3-16 [10.1109/TII.2012.2226594] [abs].
- Pajic, M; Sundaram, S; Pappas, GJ, Stabilizability over deterministic relay networks, Proceedings of the ... IEEE Conference on Decision & Control / IEEE Control Systems Society. IEEE Conference on Decision & Control (2013), pp. 4018-4023 [10.1109/CDC.2013.6760504] [abs].
- Pajic, M; Mangharam, R; Pappas, GJ; Sundaram, S, Topological Conditions for In-Network Stabilization of Dynamical Systems, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol 31 no. 4 (2013), pp. 794-807 [10.1109/JSAC.2013.130415] [abs].
- Pajic, M; Chernoguzov, A; Mangharam, R, Robust architectures for embedded wireless network control and actuation, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, vol 11 no. 4 (2012), pp. 1-24 [10.1145/2362336.2362349] [abs].
- Pajic, M; Jiang, Z; Lee, I; Sokolsky, O; Mangharam, R, From Verification to Implementation: A Model Translation Tool and a Pacemaker Case Study (2012), pp. 173-184 [10.1109/RTAS.2012.25] [abs].
- Zhihao, J; Pajic, M; Mangharam, R, Cyber-Physical Modeling of Implantable Cardiac Medical Devices, Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), vol 100 no. 1 (2012), pp. 122-137 [10.1109/JPROC.2011.2161241] [abs].
- Pajic, M; Sundaram, S; Pappas, GJ; Mangharam, R, The Wireless Control Network: A New Approach for Control Over Networks, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol 56 no. 10 (2011), pp. 2305-2318 [10.1109/TAC.2011.2163864] [abs].