Charles S. Sydnor Professor of Computer Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Charles S. Sydnor Professor of Computer Science
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Mathematics
- Director of the Information Futures Initiative
- Office Location: 140 Science Drive, 317 Gross Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 613-7874
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. California Institute of Technology, 1980
- M.S. Oxford Brookes University (U.K.), 1976
- B.S. University Of Warwick, 1975
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- ECE 483: Introduction to Digital Communication Systems
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- MATH 393: Research Independent Study
- MATH 493: Research Independent Study
- MATH 501: Introduction to Algebraic Structures I
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Wang, L; Carlson, DE; Rodrigues, MRD; Calderbank, R; Carin, L, A Bregman Matrix and the Gradient of Mutual Information for Vector Poisson and Gaussian Channels, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol 60 no. 5 (2014), pp. 2611-2629 [10.1109/TIT.2014.2307068] [abs].
- Bennatan, A; Shamai, S; Calderbank, AR, Soft-Decoding-Based Strategies for Relay and Interference Channels: Analysis and Achievable Rates Using LDPC Codes, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol 60 no. 4 (2014), pp. 1977-2009 [10.1109/TIT.2013.2294373] [abs].
- Goparaju, S; Rouayheb, SE; Calderbank, R, New codes and inner bounds for exact repair in distributed storage systems, 2014 48th Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, CISS 2014 (2014) [abs].
- Carpenter, K; Sprechmann, P; Fiori, M; Calderbank, R; Egger, H; Sapiro, G, Questionnaire simplification for fast risk analysis of children's mental health, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing (2014), pp. 6009-6013 [abs].
- Goparaju, S; Calderbank, R, Binary cyclic codes that are locally repairable (2014), pp. 676-680 [10.1109/ISIT.2014.6874918] [abs].