The ECE department offers a PhD, a research-focused master of science and two applied master of engineering degrees. Duke has strength and depth in selected areas of research, and our relatively small size enables us to provide students with the opportunity to receive individualized faculty mentoring throughout their graduate studies.
Why Choose Duke ECE?
Our students work in a supportive, close-knit community and have ample opportunities to:
- Publish with their faculty adviser
- Present research at professional conferences
- Work in a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment
- Make significant contributions to their field
- Participate in PhD Plus, an innovative professional development program
- Pursue entreprenuerial aspirations through programs like the Duke Engineering Entrepreneurial Pipelines Startup Entry Accelerator (DEEP SEA)
Although the focus of your graduate education will be on academics, the value of opportunities beyond your topic of study is also important. Our graduate students regularly participate in athletic, social, entrepreneurship, religious and community service activities sponsored by organizations within and outside the university. In short, the Triangle region of North Carolina is a great place to live, work and play.
See more reasons why you should choose Duke Engineering.
You might want to:
|Compare degree programs
Apply to the program that fits your career goals.
|Learn details for applicants
How to apply, meet our students, PhD Placements, and more.
|Meet Our Faculty
Research areas, publications and contact information.
|Explore ECE courses
Course titles, descriptions and numbers.