Qing Huo Liu
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Qing H. Liu received the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1989. His research interests have been in computational electromagnetics and acoustics, subsurface sensing, inverse problems, biomedical imaging, simulation of photonic and high-speed electronic circuits and devices. He was a Research Assistant (September 1986 to December 1988) and then a Postdoctoral Research Associate (January 1989 to February 1990) in the Electromagnetics Laboratory at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. From 1990 to 1995 he was a Research Scientist and then Program Leader with Schlumberger-Doll Research, Ridgefield, CT. From 1996 to 1999 he as an Associate Professor at the Klipsch School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, New Mexico State University where he is now an adjunct faculty. Since June 1999 he has been with Duke University in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering where he is now a Full Professor.
Dr. Liu is a member of Phi Kappa Phi, Tau Beta Pi, SEG, a full member of U.S. National Committee of URSI Commissions B and F, and a Senior Member of IEEE. Currently he serves as an Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing and for Radio Science. He also served as a Guest Editor of a special issue on Computational Issues in Remote Sensing for the IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing.
Dr. Liu received the 1996 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) from the White House National Science and Technology Council (NSTC), the 1996 Early Career Research Award from the Environmental Protection Agency, and the 1997 CAREER Award from the National Science Foundation. He is a Fellow of the IEEE and a Fellow of the Acoustical Society of America.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: 3469 Ciemas, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5440
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. University of Illinois -- Urbana-Champaign, 1989
- M.S. Xiamen University (China), 1986
- B.S. Xiamen University (China), 1983
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Fellow, IEEE
- Fellow, American Society of Anesthesiologists, 2005
- NSF Early CAREER Award, National Science Foundation, 1997
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Presidential Early Career Award for Engineers and Scientists, Office of Science, 1996
- Tau Beta Pi
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Early Career Research Award, 1996
- ECE 571: Electromagnetic Theory
- ECE 577: Computational Electromagnetics
- ECE 578: Inverse Problems in Electromagnetics and Acoustics
- ECE 891: Internship
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Yang, H; Li, T; He, Z; Liu, QH, Impulse Borehole Radar Imaging Based on Compressive Sensing, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol 12 no. 4 (2015), pp. 766-770 [10.1109/LGRS.2014.2361313] [abs].
- Li, Z; Wang, J; Wu, J; Liu, QH, A Fast Radial Scanned Near-Field 3-D SAR Imaging System and the Reconstruction Method, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol 53 no. 3 (2015), pp. 1355-1363 [10.1109/TGRS.2014.2338396] [abs].
- Wenji, Z; Qing, HL, Three-Dimensional Scattering and Inverse Scattering from Objects With Simultaneous Permittivity and Permeability Contrasts, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol 53 no. 1 (2015), pp. 429-439 [10.1109/TGRS.2014.2322954] [abs].
- Li, Z; Wang, J; Wu, J; Liu, QH, A fast radial scanned near-field 3-D SAR imaging system and the reconstruction method, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol 53 no. 3 (2015), pp. 1355-1363 [10.1109/TGRS.2014.2338396] [abs].
- Zheng, J; Su, T; Zhu, W; Liu, QH, A Fast Non-searching Algorithm for the High-Speed Target Detection, vol 1089 (2015), pp. 777-782 [10.1007/978-3-319-08422-0_112] [abs].