Loren W. Nolte
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Loren Nolte is Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering with a secondary appointment as Professor of Biomedical Engineering. He received his PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. His current research interests are in signal detection and estimation theory with applications to ocean acoustics, biomedical statistical image processing, and optimal decision fusion.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5266
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1965
- M.S.E.E. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1960
- B.S.E.E. Northwestern University, 1956
Sensing and Sensor Systems
- ECE 380: Introduction to Random Signals and Noise
- ECE 494: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 581: Random Signals and Noise
- ECE 585: Signal Detection and Extraction Theory
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Kiarashi, N; Lo, JY; Lin, Y; Ikejimba, LC; Ghate, SV; Nolte, LW; Dobbins, JT; Segars, WP; Samei, E, Development and application of a suite of 4-D virtual breast phantoms for optimization and evaluation of breast imaging systems., IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol 33 no. 7 (2014), pp. 1401-1409 [10.1109/tmi.2014.2312733] [abs].
- Kiarashi, N; Sturgeon, GM; Nolte, LW; Lo, JY; III, JTD; Segars, WP; Samei, E, Development of matched virtual and physical breast phantoms based on patient data, Proceedings of SPIE, vol 8668 (2013) [10.1117/12.2008406] [abs].
- Agasthya, GA; Shah, JP; Harrawood, BP; Nolte, LW; Kapadia, AJ, Computerized detection of low SNR cases in NSECT: An ROC-based sensitivity analysis, IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium Conference Record (2012), pp. 3935-3938 [10.1109/NSSMIC.2011.6153748] [abs].
- Kiarashi, N; Ghate, SV; Lo, JY; Nolte, LW; Samei, E, Application of a dynamic 4D anthropomorphic breast phantom in contrast-based imaging system optimization: Dual-energy or temporal subtraction?, Lecture notes in computer science, vol 7361 LNCS (2012), pp. 658-665 [10.1007/978-3-642-31271-7_85] [abs].
- Kiarashi, N; Lin, Y; Segars, WP; Ghate, SV; Ikejimba, L; Chen, B; Lo, JY; Iii, JTD; Nolte, LW; Samei, E, Development of a dynamic 4D anthropomorphic breast phantom for contrast-based breast imaging, Proceedings of SPIE, vol 8313 (2012) [10.1117/12.913332] [abs].