Lisa Gresham Huettel
Professor of the Practice in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Lisa G. Huettel received a BS degree in Engineering Science from Harvard University in 1994. She earned her MS and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from Duke University in 1996 and 1999, respectively. From 1999 until 2001, Dr. Huettel was a Research Associate in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Duke University, followed by a year as an Assistant Research Professor. In 2002, Dr. Huettel became an Assistant Professor of the Practice in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Duke University and is currently an Associate Professor of the Practice. Her current research interests are focused on the application of statistical signal processing to remote sensing, engineering education, and curriculum and laboratory development.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of the Practice in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Associate Chair in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Office Location: 112 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5237
- Email Address: email@example.com
Sensing and Sensor Systems
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- American Association of University Women Dissertation Fellowship, 2003, 2004
- AT&T Engineering Scholar, Harvard University, 1990-1994
- IEEE Mac Van Valkenburg Early Career Teaching Award, IEEE Education Society, 2006
- Klein Family Distinguished Teaching Award, Duke University School of Engineering, 2004
- National Merit Scholar, Harvard University, 1990-1994
- Vice Provost/Center for International Studies International Research Award, Duke University, 1998-1999
- ECE 110L9: Fundamentals of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Lab
- ECE 110L: Fundamentals of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 280L9: Signals and Systems - Lab
- ECE 280L: Introduction to Signals and Systems
- ECE 381: Fundamentals of Digital Signal Processing
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Huettel, L.G., Brown, A.S., Coonley, K.D., Gustafson, M.R., Kim, J., Ybarra, G.A., and Collins, L.M., Fundamentals of ECE: A Rigorous, Integrated Introduction to Electrical and Computer Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Education, vol 50 no. 3 (August, 2007), pp. 174-181.
- Huettel, Lisa G. and Collins, Leslie M., A theoretical analysis of normal- And impaired-hearing intensity discrimination, IEEE Transactions on Speech and Audio Processing, vol 12 no. 3 (2004), pp. 323 - 333 [TSA.2004.825672] [abs].
- Huettel, Lisa G. and Collins, Leslie M., Predicting Auditory Tone-in-Noise Detection Performance: The Effects of Neural Variability, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol 51 no. 2 (2004), pp. 282 - 293 [TBME.2003.820395] [abs].
- Huettel, Lisa G. and Collins, Leslie M., A theoretical comparison of information transmission in the peripheral auditory system: Normal and impaired frequency discrimination, Speech Communication, vol 39 no. 1-2 (2003), pp. 5 - 21 [S0167-6393(02)00055-9] [abs].
- Huettel, Lisa G. and Collins, Leslie M., Using computational auditory models to predict simultaneous masking data: Model comparison, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol 46 no. 12 (1999), pp. 1432 - 1440 [10.804571] [abs].