Joel Alter Greenberg
Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: Room 107 Physics, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-2500
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2012
Atomic, molecular, and optical physics
Nonlinear dynamics and complex systems
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Fritz London Fellowship, Duke University Physics Department, September, 2010
- Physics Graduate Teaching Fellowship, Duke University Physics Department, 2009
- Preparing Future Faculty Fellow, Duke University Graduate School, 2009
- John Chambers Fellowship, Fitzpatrick Institute of Photonics (Duke University), September, 2007
- James B. Duke Fellowship, Duke University, September, 2005
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Greenberg, JA; Schmittberger, BL; Gauthier, DJ, Bunching-induced optical nonlinearity and instability in cold atoms [Invited]., Optics Express, vol 19 no. 23 (2011), pp. 22535-22549 [abs].
- Zhang, R; Greenberg, JA; Fischer, MC; Gauthier, DJ, Controllable ultrabroadband slow light in a warm rubidium vapor, Optical Society of America Journal B: Optical Physics, vol 28 no. 11 (2011), pp. 2578-2583 [10.1364/JOSAB.28.002578] [abs].
- Greenberg, JA; Gauthier, DJ, Transient dynamics and momentum redistribution in cold atoms via recoil-induced resonances, Physical Review A: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, vol 79 no. 3 (2009) [10.1103/PhysRevA.79.033414] [abs].
- Dawes, AMC; Illing, L; Greenberg, JA; Gauthier, DJ, All-optical switching with transverse optical patterns, Physical Review A: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, vol 77 no. 1 (2008) [10.1103/PhysRevA.77.013833] [abs].
- Greenberg, JA; Oriá, M; Dawes, AM; Gauthier, DJ, Absorption-induced trapping in an anisotropic magneto-optical trap., Optics Express, vol 15 no. 26 (2007), pp. 17699-17708 [abs].
Lectures and Invited Talks:
- Super-charging nonlinear optical processes via cooperative effects., Foz do Iguazu, Brazil,
- Lamb-Dicke-enhanced free-space superfluorescence in a cold thermal vapor., Houston, TX,
- Superradiance in an ultracold thermal vapor, OSA NLO (Honolulu, HI),
- Transient enhancement of the nonlinear atom-photon coupling via recoil-induced resonances, DAMOP (Charlottesville, VA),
- Investigation of the Saturation Mechanism of Recoil-induced Resonances, DAMOP (State College, PA),
- Momentum-state Engineering via Recoil-Induced Resonances, Poster presented at annual Fitzpatrick Insitute of Photonics meeting (Duke University, NC),
- Nonlinear Beam Shaping in an Anisotropic Magneto-optical Trap, Poster presented at DAMOP (State College, PA),
- Anisotropic MOT for Nonlinear Optical Studies, Poster presented at annual Fitzpatrick Insitute of Photonics meeting (Duke University, NC),
- Anisotropic MOT for Nonlinear Optical Studies, Poster Presented at Atomic Physics Gordon Conference (Tilton School, NH),
- Theoretical Optimization of a DAVLL System in Rubidium Vapor, Poster presented at annual Fitzpatrick Insitute of Photonics meeting (Duke University, NC),
- Determining the ANCs for 13C 12C+n for Nuclear Astrophysics Studies, Poster Presented at APS DNP meeting (Chicago, IL),