Jeffrey L. Krolik
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Jeffrey Krolik is Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Duke University in Durham, NC. Canadian-born, he received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Toronto in 1987. He began his academic career as an Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Concordia University in Montreal. Interested in signal processing applications in the ocean sciences, he joined the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California San Diego as an Assistant Research Scientist in 1990. At Scripps, he developed physics-based sensor array processing methods that exploit multi-path underwater acoustic propagation. Since coming to Duke in 1992, he has broadened his research interests to include statistical signal processing for surveillance radars and microwave remote sensing, active and passive sonar, and medical imaging. Some of his current projects include the development of aircraft height finding for over-the-horizon HF radar, through-the-sensor environmental monitoring of near-surface atmospheric conditions using a shipboard microwave radar, active sonar array shape estimation from reverberation, and functional magnetic resonance imaging algorithms which are robust to head motion. As a consultant, he has worked for the Office of Naval Research, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Air Force Rome Laboratories.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5274
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. UniversityToronto, 1987
- M.A. UniversityToronto, 1983
- B.A. UniversityToronto, 1980
Sensing and Sensor Systems
- ECE 483: Introduction to Digital Communication Systems
- ECE 686: Adaptive Filters
- ECE 688: Sensor Array Signal Processing
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- D. H. Liu and J. Krolik and L. Carin, Electromagnetic target detection, in uncertain media: Time-reversal and minimum-variance algorithms, Ieee Transactions On Geoscience And Remote Sensing, vol 45 no. 4 (2007), pp. 934 -- 944 [abs].
- D. H. Liu and S. Vasudevan and J. Krolik and G. Bal and L. Carin, Electromagnetic time-reversal source localization in changing media: Experiment and analysis, Ieee Transactions On Antennas And Propagation, vol 55 no. 2 (2007), pp. 344 -- 354 [abs].
- Liu, Dehong and Vasudevan, Sathyanarayanan and Krolik, Jeffrey and Bal, Guillaume and Carin, Lawrence, Electromagnetic time-reversal source localization in changing media: Experiment and analysis, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol 55 no. 2 (2007), pp. 344 - 354 [TAP.2006.889807] [abs].
- Ramakrishnan, Dinesh and Krolik, Jeffrey, Target detection in abruptly non-stationary Doppler-spread clutter, ICASSP, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing - Proceedings, vol 3 (2006), pp. 185-188 - [abs].
- Krolik, Jeffrey L. and Farrell, Jeffrey and Steinhardt, Allan, Exploiting multipath propagation for GMTI in urban environments, CIE International Conference of Radar Proceedings, vol 2006 (2006), pp. 65 - 68 [abs].