Gary A. Ybarra
Professor of the Practice
Dr. Gary Ybarra received his B.S.E.E in 1982, M.S.E.E in 1986 and Ph.D. in 1992 all from North Carolina State University. He joined the ECE Department at Duke in 1993.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of the Practice
- Office Location: 3579 Ciemas, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5220
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Web Page:
K-12 Education in Science & Mathematics
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Distinguished Undergraduate Teaching Award, Duke University, School of Engineering, 2002
- Educator of the Year, IEEE, Southeastern NC Section, 2002
- K-2 Division Chair's Award, American Society for Engineering Education, 2005
- ECE 110L9: Fundamentals of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Lab
- ECE 110L: Fundamentals of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 230L: Introduction to Microelectronic Devices and Circuits
- ECE 486: Wireless Communication Systems
- ECE 494: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Klenk, PA; Ybarra, GA; Jr, RDD, Challenges of introducing engineering in after-school settings, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings (2012) [abs].
- Klenk, P; Ybarra, G; D'Agostino, A; Maxa, E; Guerdat, K, Impacts of engineering in 4-H after-school programs, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings (2010) [abs].
- Ybarra, GA; Collins, LM; Huettel, LG; Coonley, KD; Massoud, HZ; Board, JA; Cummer, SA; Choudhury, RR; Gustafson, MR; Jokerst, NM; Brooke, MA; Willett, RM; Kim, J; Absher, MS, Integrated sensing and information processing theme-based redesign of the undergraduate electrical and computer engineering curriculum at Duke University, Advances in Engineering Education, vol 2 no. 4 (2010) [abs].
- Yu, C; Yuan, M; Zhang, Y; Stang, J; George, RT; Ybarra, GA; Joines, WT; Liu, QH, Microwave imaging in layered media: 3-D image reconstruction from experimental data, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol 58 no. 2 (2010), pp. 440-448 [10.1109/TAP.2009.2037770] [abs].
- Stang, JP; Joines, WT; Liu, QH; Ybarra, GA; George, RT; Yuan, M; Leonhardt, I, A tapered microstrip patch antenna array for use in breast cancer screening via 3D active microwave imaging, International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (APSURSI) (2009) [10.1109/APS.2009.5171907] [abs].