Bruce Randall Donald
James B. Duke Professor of Computer Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- James B. Duke Professor of Computer Science
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor of Biochemistry
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Professor in the Department of Chemistry
- Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Bass Fellow
- Office Location: Lsrc, D212, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6583
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1987
- B.A. Yale University, 1980
Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry, Structural Biology, Biochemistry, Protein Design, Drug Design, NMR of Biological Macromolecules, Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS), Micro-robotics, Geometric Algorithms
- BIOCHEM 393: Research Independent Study
- BIOCHEM 593: Research Independent Study
- CBB 590: Special Topics in Computational Biology
- COMPSCI 230: Discrete Math for Computer Science
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Zhou, Y; Xu, W; Donald, BR; Zeng, J, An efficient parallel algorithm for accelerating computational protein design., Bioinformatics, vol 30 no. 12 (2014), pp. i255-i263 [10.1093/bioinformatics/btu264] [abs].
- Reardon, PN; Sage, H; Dennison, SM; Martin, JW; Donald, BR; Alam, SM; Haynes, BF; Spicer, LD, Structure of an HIV-1-neutralizing antibody target, the lipid-bound gp41 envelope membrane proximal region trimer., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of USA, vol 111 no. 4 (2014), pp. 1391-1396 [10.1073/pnas.1309842111] [abs].
- Hamaguchi, K; Tschida, KA; Yoon, I; Donald, BR; Mooney, R, Auditory synapses to song premotor neurons are gated off during vocalization in zebra finches., eLife, vol 3 (2014) [10.7554/elife.01833] [abs].
- Levey, CG; Paprotny, I; Donald, BR, MicroStressBots: Species differentiation in surface micromachined microrobots, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 8336 LNAI (2014), pp. 66-80 [10.1007/978-3-642-55134-5_6] [abs].
- Donald, BR; Levey, CG; Paprotny, I; Rus, D, Planning and Control for Microassembly of Structures Composed of Stress-Engineered MEMS Microrobots., International Journal of Robotics Research, vol 32 no. 2 (2013), pp. 218-246 [10.1177/0278364912467486] [abs].