Benjamin C Lee
Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Benjamin Lee's research focuses on scalable technologies, energy-efficient computer architectures, and high-performance applications. He is particularly interested in analytics, statistical inference, and machine learning to enable qualitatively new studies in these areas. He is also interested in technology, economics, and policy for environmentally sustainable information technology infrastructure.
Lee held an NSF Computing Innovation Fellowship at Stanford University (2009). He also held visiting research positions at Microsoft Research (2008), Intel Corporation (2007), and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (2006). He earned his B.S. from the University of California at Berkeley (2004) and his S.M., Ph.D. from Harvard University (2008).
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5043
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. Harvard University, 2008
High Performance Computing
- COMPSCI 250: Computer Architecture
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- ECE 250L: Computer Architecture
- ECE 392: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 493: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- M. Guevara, B. Lubin, B.C. Lee, Navigating heterogeneous processors with market mechanisms, Proc. 19th IEEE International Symposium on High- Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA) (2013).
- T.J. Ham, B.K. Chelepalli, N. Xue, B.C. Lee, Modular control for power-efficient and heterogeneous memory systems, Proc. 19th IEEE International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA) (2013).
- K.T. Malladi, I. Shaeffer, L. Gopalakrishnan, D. Lo, B.C. Lee, M. Horowitz, Rethinking DRAM power modes for energy proportionality, Proc. 45th IEEE / ACM International Symposium on Microarchitecture (MICRO) (2012).
- W.Wu, B.C. Lee, Inferred models for dynamic and sparse hardware-software spaces, Proc. 45th IEEE / ACM International Symposium on Microarchitecture (MICRO) (2012).
- K.T. Malladi, K. Peryiathambi, F.A. Nothaft, B.C. Lee, C. Kozyrakis, M. Horowitz, Towards energy-proportional datacenter memory with mobile DRAMs, Proc. 39th ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA) (2012).