Alvin R. Lebeck
Professor (primary appt: Computer Science)
- Office Location: D308 Levine Science Research Center-D
- Office Phone: +1 919 660 6551, +1 919 660 6500
- Email Address:
- Web Page:
Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Wisconsin at Madison, November 1995. Master of Science in Computer Science, University of Wisconsin at Madison, December 1991. Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering, May 1989.
Computer architecture and its intersection with systems and tools, particularly with respect to memory system design and analysis for both serial and parallel architectures. Architectures for emerging nanotechnologies. Energy efficient computing.
Nanoscale/microscale computing systems
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Symposium on Microarchitecture
- COMPSCI 590.02 - ADVANCED TOPICS IN CPS
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Patwardhan, J.P. and Johri, V. and Dwyer, C. and Lebeck, A.R., A defect tolerant self-organizing nanoscale SIMD architecture, Comput. Archit. News (USA) Proceedings of ASPLOS 2006, vol 34 no. 5 (2006), pp. 241 - 51 [1168919.1168888] [abs].
- Pistol, C. and Lebeck, A.R. and Dwyer, C., Design automation for DNA self-assembled nanostructures, 2006 Design Automation Conference (IEEE Cat. No. 06CH37797) (2006), pp. 919 - 24 [abs].
- Patwardhan, J.P. and Dwyer, C. and Lebeck, A.R., Self-assembled networks: control vs. complexity, 2006 1st International Conference on Nano-Networks and Workshops (IEEE Cat. No. 06EX1380) (2006), pp. 49 - 53 [abs].
- Park, S.H. and Pistol, C. and Ahn, S.J. and Reif, J.H. and Lebeck, A.R. and Dwyer, C. and LaBean, T.H., Erratum: Finite-size, fully addressable DNA tile lattices formed by hierarchical assembly procedures (Angewandte Chemie-International Edition (2006) 45 (735-739)), Angewandte Chemie - International Edition, vol 45 no. 40 (2006), pp. 6607 - [anie.200503797].
- Li, T. and Lebeck, A.R. and Sorin, D.J., Spin detection hardware for improved management of multithreaded systems, IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst. (USA), vol 17 no. 6 (2006), pp. 508 - 21  [abs].