Alvin R. Lebeck
Professor of Computer Science
Computer architecture, nano-scale systems, memory system, energy efficient computing, and multiprocessors.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Computer Science
- Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: D308 Lev Sci Res Ctr, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6551
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin at Madison, 1995
- M.S. University of Wisconsin at Madison, 1991
- B.S. University of Wisconsin at Madison, 1989
Computer architecture and its intersection with systems and tools, particularly with respect to memory system design and analysis for both serial and parallel architectures. Architectures for emerging nanotechnologies. Energy efficient computing.
Nanoscale/microscale computing systems
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Symposium on Microarchitecture
- COMPSCI 250: Computer Architecture
- COMPSCI 250: Computer Organization and Programming
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 550: Advanced Computer Architecture I
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- ECE 250L: Computer Architecture
- ECE 552: Advanced Computer Architecture I
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Patwardhan, J.P. and Johri, V. and Dwyer, C. and Lebeck, A.R., A defect tolerant self-organizing nanoscale SIMD architecture, Comput. Archit. News (USA) Proceedings of ASPLOS 2006, vol 34 no. 5 (2006), pp. 241 - 51 [1168919.1168888] [abs].
- Pistol, C. and Lebeck, A.R. and Dwyer, C., Design automation for DNA self-assembled nanostructures, 2006 Design Automation Conference (IEEE Cat. No. 06CH37797) (2006), pp. 919 - 24 [abs].
- Patwardhan, J.P. and Dwyer, C. and Lebeck, A.R., Self-assembled networks: control vs. complexity, 2006 1st International Conference on Nano-Networks and Workshops (IEEE Cat. No. 06EX1380) (2006), pp. 49 - 53 [abs].
- Park, S.H. and Pistol, C. and Ahn, S.J. and Reif, J.H. and Lebeck, A.R. and Dwyer, C. and LaBean, T.H., Erratum: Finite-size, fully addressable DNA tile lattices formed by hierarchical assembly procedures (Angewandte Chemie-International Edition (2006) 45 (735-739)), Angewandte Chemie - International Edition, vol 45 no. 40 (2006), pp. 6607 - [anie.200503797].
- Li, T. and Lebeck, A.R. and Sorin, D.J., Spin detection hardware for improved management of multithreaded systems, IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst. (USA), vol 17 no. 6 (2006), pp. 508 - 21  [abs].