Aaron D. Franklin
Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Dr. Aaron Franklin received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Purdue University in 2008 and then spent six years on the research staff at the IBM T. J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, NY. He is most widely known for his work on low-dimensional nanoelectronics with specific emphasis on carbon nanotube (CNT) transistors, including device scaling, transport studies, and advanced integration approaches. While at IBM, Dr. Franklin was involved in many other projects with applications including photovoltaics, thin-film transistors, and supercapacitors. Dr. Franklin joined the Duke faculty in 2014.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Associate Professor in the Department of Chemistry
- Office Location: Ciemas 3473, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 681-9471
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. Purdue University, 2008
- B.S.E. Arizona State University, 2004
- CHEM 548: Solid-State and Materials Chemistry
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Franklin, AD; Farmer, DB; Haensch, W, Defining and overcoming the contact resistance challenge in scaled carbon nanotube transistors., ACS Nano, vol 8 no. 7 (2014), pp. 7333-7339 [10.1021/nn5024363] [abs].
- Shahrjerdi, D; Franklin, AD; Oida, S; Ott, JA; Tulevski, GS; Haensch, W, High-Performance Air-Stable n-Type Carbon Nanotube Transistors with Erbium Contacts, ACS Nano, vol 7 no. 9 (2013), pp. 8303-8308 [10.1021/nn403935v] [abs].
- Franklin, AD, Electronics: The road to carbon nanotube transistors, Nature, vol 498 no. 7455 (2013), pp. 443-444 [10.1038/498443a] [abs].
- Franklin, AD; Koswatta, SO; Farmer, DB; Smith, JT; Gignac, L; Breslin, CM; Han, S-J; Tulevski, GS; Miyazoe, H; Haensch, W; Tersoff, J, Carbon Nanotube Complementary Wrap-Gate Transistors, Nano Letters: a journal dedicated to nanoscience and nanotechnology, vol 13 no. 6 (2013), pp. 2490-2495 [10.1021/nl400544q] [abs].
- Luo, J; Wei, L; Lee, C-S; Franklin, AD; Guan, X; Pop, E; Antoniadis, DA; Wong, H-SP, Compact Model for Carbon Nanotube Field-Effect Transistors Including Nonidealities and Calibrated With Experimental Data Down to 9-nm Gate Length, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol 60 no. 6 (2013), pp. 1834-1843 [10.1109/TED.2013.2258023] [abs].